Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Teaching Kids to Write Poems is Funny

Funny kids poems should take a typical situation and then transform it into an exceptional episode. Poetry should be lighthearted or funny. Rhyming words attract children that happen to be learning how to read.

Funny kids poems typically tell a tale. Begin to imagine a moment in the life of a child, a spotlight moment. Examine special feelings about the incident the day of a child. Take advantage of strong visual images, or even to talk some sense into your drive. If you choose to write a comic poem, gives it a punch line that should surprise the player.


1. Write a list of words(try, high, fly, kite, night, fun, run, roam, home, etc.)

2. Recite them. Write a few sentences that come with or select some of the children and recite them. This way you can hear the rhyming words. Party lines.

3. Read the Bible. The Bible is written in prose and the most widely read book in the world. Try to read and discuss parts of the Bible because it rhymes with the children.

4th Poems on pets. Try to get children to write a poem about their favorite animals. They can also write poems about their grandparents. The point is to help deal with what they are doing a poem.

5. Rhyming games. An effective method to teach children poetry is used in games.

6. Music. Play different music choices and emphasize the mixture of words and words in the poems. There is often rhymes used.


***funny kids poems 1***

My Parents Sent Me To the Store ~ Kenn Nesbitt

funny kids poems 1

My parents sent me to the store
to buy a loaf of bread.
I came home with a puppy
and a parakeet instead.

I came home with a guinea pig,
a hamster and a cat,
a turtle and a lizard
and a friendly little rat.

I also had a monkey
and a mongoose and a mouse.
Those animals went crazy
when I brought them in the house.

They barked and yelped and hissed
and chased my family out the door.
My parents never let me
do the shopping anymore.

***funny kids poems 2***

My Grandpa ~ by Kenn Nesbitt



I'll tell you a bit of my grandpa.
I think he's a thousand years old.
He must keep his hands in the freezer;
I've never felt ice cubes that cold.

The hair growing off of his earlobes
is more than the hair on his head.
His eyes are all baggy and bloodshot.
His nose is the same shade of red.

His voice is like rickety floorboards.
It crackles and groans when he speaks.
Whenever he bends down to hug me
it sounds like his skeleton creaks.

He says that his memory is failing.
He thinks that he's losing his mind.
He's always misplacing his glasses;
without them he's legally blind.

My mom says his hearing is normal.
I kind of believe her, but then
whenever I tell him "I love you,"
he asks me to say it again.


***funny kids poems 3***

Fly



This fly
Could be a spy,
Buzzing around
(Annoying sound),
Hither and thither,
Fast, in a flicker
It’s changing direction,
A new location,
Barely in sight,
Incredible flight -
What does it see?
Does it see me?

***funny kids poems 4***

The Cat with a smile



The Cat with a Smile
Will wait for a while,
Cleaning its paws
And sharpening its claws,
Though for what I don’t know -
Perhaps it’s just show?

If there’s a mouse nearby
Perhaps it should go

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home